The purpose of my article was to inform the reader I wanted to find out if bullying was a large issue at Deyes high
The audience for my magazine is both male and female the age range is 11-18 this is because the article has been made for high school students. This means that the language I used was suitable for people in that age range. I didn't want to confuse my audience by using language that they were unfamiliar with but also didn't want to word the article in a way that may have made it appear that I was talking down to them.
One of the theories that I used was Bernstein's restricted and elaborated codes. In my article I used restricted language so that I didn't use words that might not be understood by some of the younger people in my target audience.
The structure of article was that it was broken up in to two columns as this is a common convention of a magazine article. The text within the article was also broken up into paragraphs to make it easier to read for the audience. It was broken up in to four paragraphs that are of a similar size except for the first paragraph this is a smaller introductory paragraph.
The methods of distribution that i will use are online and print based methods this is because using these methods I can reach a large audience. If the article is released online then it can be shared and that increases how many people will see it. Releasing in print form means that it can be distributed around the school and given to students. Both versions of the magazine will be free so can be read by anyone
Throughout my article there are quotes and statistics that I have gathered to help me write the article. Before writing the article I carried out a interview with the head of sixth form were I asked him a series of questions about bullying ad what the school does to prevent it from it from happening some of this interview has been used in the article in the form of quotes. I also used a BBC article about bullying a source of some of my statistics about bullying.
No comments:
Post a Comment