Thursday, 14 June 2018

P4- Primary research


Primary sources of information that I will use are:

Surveys- Using surveys allows me to ask many people questions about bullying this allows me to collect information in bulk. I will create my surveys using survey monkey and then send out via email to gather responses.

Interviews- In an interview I will ask one-person questions doing this face to face allows me to ask them to go in to more detail with an answer I can then type up their response.

If I conduct an interview, I would do it in an empty classroom, as this would mean that we would not be disturbed by anyone else. I will give out my survey in the common as this means that there are many people who can fill it in and I can gather lots of information.

I have emailed the head of sixth form to see if I can ask him some questions about Bullying at Deyes this is one of my sources of primary research.










Questions that I will use for my interview are:


  1. Have you witnessed any bullying at Deyes?
  2. Do you think that bullying is a large issue at Deyes? 
  3. What do Deyes do to prevent bullying taking place?
  4. Do people frequently talk to you about bullying?
  5. What is the most common form of bullying that takes place at Deyes?
  6. Does cyber bullying take place often?
  7. What is in place to stop cyber bullying from taking place


Questions that I will use for my survey are:


  1. Have you ever been bullied?
  2. Has someone you know ever been bullied?
  3. Have you witnessed bullying at school?
  4. Do you know who to talk to about bullying?
  5. How concerned about bullying at Deyes are you?
  6. Have you ever witnessed cyber bullying?
  7. How would you deal with bullying


I will look through my interview after I have finished it so that I can pick out quotes that suit my needs and present bullying as a small problem at Deyes. I will also do this for my questionnaire I will only include questionnaire answers that make bullying at Deyes look like a small issue. By doing this I am acting as a gatekeeper because I am deciding what news is published any news that doesn't suit my needs wont be included in the article

No comments:

Post a Comment